Registration Opens Friday, February 22 at 8 am
(Check back at that time for online registration and/or registration form.)
Since 2005, FWAHS has partnered with the Academy of Arts, a drama ministry founded in 1971 and based in South Carolina, to produce a full length, homeschool only, drama. Since then, we have held week long drama camps every year. Ministry teams spend this week with our homeschooled students, instilling in them the belief that professionally produced drama can effectively teach and reach a community. They are firmly committed to Biblical principles and a conservative worldview and many area homeschoolers can testify to the impact this ministry has had in their lives.
This year there are again two weeks of this popular event in two different locations, which allows more students to participate and more members of our community to be impacted with the truths of the gospel. For the WEST location, please check out their website at www.fwahsdramawest.org.
Read the following information carefully as you consider enrolling your student for this unique opportunity. You must act quickly.
- Registration is open until audition day or until full.
- Attendance is mandatory for all auditions, rehearsals, and performances. Be sure there are no conflicts in your schedule.
- Cost will be $130 for elementary students and $180 for Jr/Sr High students
- Ages 6-12th grade
- Elementary musical and a Jr High/ High School play.
- If a family has more than two students, costs are as follows: full price for two oldest students, half price for every student thereafter.
- You may register children in the same family for two different weeks, but each child may still only register for one week each.
- FWAHS is generously offering five $50 scholarships. There is a limit of two per family and they are intended for those families truly in need. They are awarded on a “first come, first serve” basis. Please contact Shawn or Carrie Sollenberger at firstname.lastname@example.org for details about this scholarship. You must act immediately as applying for a scholarship does NOT hold your place if the camp becomes full.
- Donations help defray our cost. Information on how you can help will be provided at the parent meeting that will be held during auditions.
- DO NOT call the churches for information. They graciously allow us to use their facility but have no specifics about drama camp or its operation. If you have questions, email (with DRAMA in the subject line) Barb Powers (email@example.com) your questions. For more information about the Academy of Arts, visit their website at www.theacademyofarts.org.
- You can also visit our Facebook Page to view pictures of past performances and receive updates about our drama camps.