on our seminar coming in September 2021!
Since 2005, FWAHS has partnered with the Academy of Arts, a drama ministry founded in 1971 and based in South Carolina, to produce a full length, homeschool only, drama. Since then, we have held week long drama camps every year. Ministry teams spend this week with our homeschool students, instilling in them the belief that professionally produced drama can effectively teach and reach a community. They are firmly committed to Biblical principles and a conservative worldview and many area homeschoolers can testify to the impact this ministry has had in their lives.
FWAHS supports two different groups that coordinate these seminars each year, which allows more students to participate and more members of our community to be impacted with the truths of the gospel. This group, called FWAHS Drama Camp East, will host a seminar week in the fall of each year at Woodburn Missionary Church in Woodburn, IN. Previously, we have held our week in the spring but plan to switch to the fall for various reasons. The West location typically holds their seminar week in the late winter/early spring on the west side of Fort Wayne. For the WEST location, please check out their website at www.fwahsdramawest.org.
This year, our group has a unique opportunity to run both a spring 2021 seminar and a fall 2021 seminar. This opportunity came about as a result of having to cancel our spring 2020 seminar due to COVID-19. This opportunity will exist only in 2021. In 2022, we will plan to run a seminar only in the fall.
Read the following information carefully as you consider enrolling your student for this unique opportunity. You must act quickly.
- Registration is open until audition day or until full.
- Attendance is mandatory for all auditions, rehearsals, and performances. Be sure there are no conflicts in your schedule.
- Ages 6-12th grade.
- Elementary musical and a Jr / Sr High School play.
- If a family has more than two students, costs are as follows: full price for two oldest students, discount rate for every student thereafter. (This will not apply in the spring camp week due to discounted rates)
- You may register children in the same family for two different weeks, but each child may still only register for one week each. (In 2021, children may participate in both of the East camp weeks (April and September) but not in an East week and the West week.)
- FWAHS generously offers a limited number of $50 scholarships. There is a limit of two per family and they are intended for those families truly in need. They are awarded on a “first come, first serve” basis. Please contact Shawn or Carrie Sollenberger at firstname.lastname@example.org for details about this scholarship. You must act immediately as applying for a scholarship does NOT hold your place if the camp becomes full. (FWAHS scholarships will not be available in the East spring camp in April but only for the East fall camp in September.)
- Donations help defray our cost. Information on how you can help will be provided at the parent meeting that will be held during auditions.
- DO NOT call the church for information. They graciously allow us to use their facility but have no specifics about drama camp or its operation. If you have questions, email them to Barb Powers at email@example.com . For more information about the Academy of Arts, visit their website at www.theacademyofarts.org.
- You can also visit our Facebook Page to view pictures of past performances and receive updates about our drama camps.